SURYA THAI MASSAGE and BODYWORK
Traditional Thai Massage Training
(If you would like to be notified via email about current and future Thai Massage courses, please fill out the form below.)
Please visit Slava's Thai Massage Training site for more updated information.
"Thai Massage - Level 1" introduces participants to the foundational theory and cultural background behind Thai Massage, and to a traditional Thai Massage sequence.
By the end of the Level 1, participants will be able to:
• Perform a basic 90-minute Thai Massage sequence.
• Learn safe body mechanics for practicing on the mat.
• Practice smooth transitions between techniques.
• Learn Thai Massage techniques in the Supine, Prone, Side-lying, and Seated positions.
"Thai Massage - Level 2" builds on Level 1 and prepares practitioners for a professional Thai Massage practice. The principles of Thai medicine are discussed, including the Sen Sip, therapeutic points, meridians, and relationship to other points and line systems.
By the end of the Level 2, participants will be able to:
• Perform a 90-minute therapeutic Thai Massage sequence with a focus on any area of concern.
• Practice safe body mechanics for working on the mat.
• Work along the energy lines, Sen Sip.
• Practice intermediate Thai Massage techniques in the Supine, Prone, Side-lying, and Seated positions.
"Thai Massage - Level 3" builds on the previous two levels and introduces participants to the Advanced Thai Massage techniques and positions, including seated twists, side-lying backbends, and abdominal work.
By the end of the Level 3, participants will be able to:
• Perform a 2-hour Thai Massage sequence.
• Address specific body areas and specific health concern depending on client's needs.
• Personalize each session based on their client's needs
• Practice advanced Thai Massage techniques in the Supine, Prone, Side-lying, and Seated positions.
Instructor: Slava Kolpakov, LMT, has studied and practiced Thai Massage in the United States and Thailand since 2004. He studied privately with several renowned Thai Massage teachers for 5 months in Chiang Mai, Thailand, in 2006, and combined these different styles. Slava developed Surya School of Thai Massage and Thai Muscular Therapy to address the specific needs and health concerns of clients and to ensure safe and comfortable body mechanics for therapists.